Essential Digital Skills
Our Essential Digital Skills assessment, as well as our other digital qualifications, help to build the digital skills needed today.
Essential Digital Skills
Essential Digital Skills are more important than ever. Since 2020, face-to-face communication has become more difficult, so understanding digital technology and communication is vital to stay connected in work and life.
Our Essential Digital Skills qualifications (EDSQ) are funded qualifications mapped to national standards for digital literacy. These qualifications are designed to meet digital knowledge gaps and provide vital skills, such as:
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online.
Skills Builder: initial assessment and resources
Skills Builder provides EDSQ initial assessment and resources that are mapped to the new qualifications. These have been developed in collaboration with the digital subject matter experts who developed the national standards for the Department for Education, to ensure their effectiveness.
Your learners will go through a range of initial assessments so you can understand their current digital skills and competency based on their results. Then, we’ll provide an individual skills plan tailored to each learner’s specific needs with areas identified for improvement.
The easy-to-navigate platform is available 24/7, so your learners can develop their skills on demand at a time that suits them.
For a demonstration of the platform or to discuss further, complete the enquiry form below or email the team at: [email protected]
Digital Skills – facts and figures
- 17 million people nationwide – about half of the UK’s workforce – lack the essential digital skills for work and life (source).
- 60% of businesses believe that their reliance on advanced digital skills is set to increase over the next five years, while 88% of young people realise that their digital skills will be essential for their careers (source).
- A report from the World Economic Forum states that by 2025, 44% of skills that employees need to perform in their role will change, thanks to the speed of technological advances (source).
Dismantling the digital divide
Our infographic explains why it’s so important to dismantle the digital divide and support learners to gain the digital skills they need.
Explore our qualifications on QualHub
Read our EDSQ Guide for full details of the qualifications.