Apprenticeships are work-based learning programmes built around a real job. You’ll gain hands-on experience, a salary and the chance to complete a nationally recognised qualification while developing the new skills, behaviours and knowledge you’ll need in the workplace. You must be employed with a contract of employment and paid holiday leave.
You can find the full list of available apprenticeship standards here.
What will you do during your programme?
As an apprentice, you’ll:
- Work alongside experienced staff
- Gain practical, job-specific skills
- Gain important life skills
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Be allocated time for study related to your role (equivalent to one day a week).
How much will you be paid?
There’s a national minimum wage for apprentices, but many employers pay more than this. Pay depends on the sector, region and apprenticeship level.