The ESFA brings together the former responsibilities of the Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Skills Funding Agency (SFA). There are hundreds of NCFE qualifications eligible for ESFA funding in 2017-18, with more being added all the time.
Please check the ESFA Hub for qualification funding information.
For AEB funding rules and for learner eligibility criteria, please refer to the ESFA’s funding rules.
Use your Adult Education Budget (AEB) for 18-19
We know that you’re focused on getting successful outcomes for learners whilst making the most effective use of your budget. It’s with this in mind, that we offer a huge range of short and flexible qualifications in a variety of sector areas, all eligible for AEB funding at under 80 Guided Learning Hours.
Support your staff’s CPD or help learners who are facing issues whilst they study:
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Nutrition and Health
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Stress Awareness
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Awareness of Substance Misuse
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Sexual Health Awareness
Health and Social Care – specialist qualifications for a growing sector
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Stroke Awareness
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Awareness of End of Life Care
Digital design and media – upskill your learners in emerging industries
- NCFE Entry Level Creative Craft suite
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Photography
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Radio
- NCFE Level 2 Award and Extended Award in Preparing to work in the film industry
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Digital Promotion for Business
Prepare your learners for the competitive jobs market and give them a taste of the workplace
- NCFE Level 1 and 2 Awards in Volunteering
- NCFE Level 1 and 2 Awards for Developing Effective Thinking Skills
- NCFE Entry Level and Level 1 Awards in Personal and Social Development
- NCFE Level 1 and 2 Awards in Mentoring
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Managing Your Money
- NCFE Entry Level Award to Level 2 inEnterprise Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Interpersonal Skills
- Occupational Studies for the Workplace suite – from Entry Level to Level 2
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Job Search and Employment Potential
- NCFE Level 2 Award in Equality and Diversity
- Employability Skills suite – from Entry Level to Level 2
Maximise your ESF contracts with short qualifications
Now is the time to make the most of your in-year European Social Funding contracts to:
- prepare for potential future skills gaps in your region
- support the unemployed back into the workplace through transferable skills
- up-skill learners currently in employment for future opportunities and progression
- boost learner confidence through early and additional achievement.
View our list of fundable units, available in a range of sectors for individual registration - ideal for quick learning interventions.
Read more here.
For apprenticeship information, please see the ESFA Apprenticeships funding page.
For traineeship information for 16-18 year olds please see the ESFA Traineeship funding page.
For traineeship information for 19-24 year olds please see the the Adult Education Budget, funding and performance management rules for the relevant year.
How can I find out if an NCFE qualification is funded?
You can find out if any NCFE qualification is eligible for funding from the Education and Skills Funding Agency. You can also see which of our qualifications are fundable under the Adult Skills Budget that comes with learning resources.
On our dedicated website QualHub, you’ll find:
- details on all qualifications including learning resources
- approval forms to get started or offer additional qualifications
- delivery support – from assessment windows to sample portfolios
- quality assurance advice – prepare for and request a visit
- online assessment support
- direct claim status information
- much more.