How we look after our people
The benefits of working at NCFE
Our people are our most important asset at NCFE and we value the talent, commitment and dedication all our colleagues bring to their roles. In return for the exceptional results and experiences we see delivered to our learners, day in, day out, we provide a substantial range of rewards. These include an extremely supportive working environment, a well-rounded employee benefits package, support for personal and professional development and a health and wellbeing support package.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 bank holidays
- An additional 3 days off during the Christmas closure that doesn’t come out of your holiday entitlement
- Up to 9% employer contribution to your pension, when you contribute 3%
- Death in service payment worth 4x your salary
- Hybrid and flexible working to support a work-life balance
- Salaries paid at market rates
- Relocation expenses if you move more than 50 miles to work for NCFE
Health and wellbeing support
We proudly provide a vibrant and caring environment where the safety, health and wellbeing of all of our colleagues is of paramount importance.
- Westfield health care plan. Enables you to claim towards the cost of your everyday health costs such as dental and optical care and therapy treatments.
- Employee assistance programme. A confidential helpline is available if you need support for mental wellbeing, financial concerns, relationship issues, stress, or other health issues. If you need further support, face-to-face and telephone counselling options are available.
- Fika mental fitness app. We are a huge believer in supporting our learners to be mentally resilient, and this extends to our people. Our investment in Fika’s mental fitness app gives you the opportunity to give your brain a workout and improve stress management through its mental fitness curriculum.
- Doctor Line. Get treated ASAP with same day appointments and telephone consultations with Doctor Line.
Personal development support
- £200 personal development allowance a year
- Two working hours to spend on personal development each month
- £400 to spend on NCFE qualifications a year
- Freely available learning resources on our in-house ‘Learning to Grow’ platform
- Career coaching
- Role-dependent professional subscriptions
We currently work in a hybrid way, but when you’re in the office, you’ll enjoy:
- Discounted annual public transport travel pass – save as much as £100 on travel
- Tax-free bikes through the Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free drinks
- All-colleague events throughout the year