Why Functional Skills?
Functional Skills qualifications give learners useful, transferable skills in English, maths and ICT. Functional Skills help learners function more confidently, effectively and independently in their work, as well as life in general.
Our service is super-fast which means you’re not left waiting around. With NCFE you’ll benefit from no marking windows, results in 6 days and certificates issued within 24 hours of your claim!
We know how important flexibility is to you and that’s why our online and paper-based assessments have lots of flexibility. Our online assessments are available 24/7 and our paper-based exams can be taken five days before or five days after the scheduled assessment date!
This service is automatic and available alongside level 1 and level 2 English and maths Functional Skills online assessments – and what’s more, it’s completely free!
We offer lots of free support for you and your learners, including:
- Sample papers
- Support from our dedicated curriculum team
- External quality assurance visits
- Access to Forskills Initial Assessment and Diagnostic tools.Certification claims processed within 24 hours
- Free resits (one free resit per learner, per functional skills qualification)
When mistakes are made, you need to know how to put them right, that’s why we offer 3 different kinds of feedback!
This feedback is a detailed report that indicates the learner’s strengths, weaknesses, and suggested development areas. It includes recommendations for supportive resources and can be used for a cohort of leaners.
This gives a succinct and clear high level breakdown of the assessment, mapped to the Coverage and Range statements (where possible). It provides the marks gained by the learner alongside high-level feedback.
On our dedicated website QualHub, you’ll find:
- details of all qualifications including learning resources
- approval forms to get started or offer additional qualifications
- delivery support – from assessment windows to sample portfolios
- much more.
Download our fact sheets now for an overview of our Functional Skills qualifications.