V Certs – Health and Social Care
Health and Social Care
Our Level 1/2 Technical Award in Health and Social Care offers pupils the chance to explore the job roles and career pathways of a health and social care practitioner, as well as building their understanding the fundamentals of human development – from conception to birth, and throughout the entire life span.
This webinar will provide you with a helpful overview of the new V Cert qualification, taking a detailed look at the qualification structure, delivery, and assessments. Take a deep dive into what learners will study, looking at content areas and teaching guidance, how the qualification is assessed including assessment objectives and weightings, grading information, and the potential progression opportunities. Finally, we will showcase some of the learning resources, teaching materials and support that is available to you and your centre.
→ Further study: a T Level in health or healthcare science, or Applied
Generals or Level 3 study programmes in health and social care at
college or sixth form
→ Apprenticeship: as an adult care or youth support worker.
Qualification specification and factsheet
- Download Health and Social Care V Cert factsheet
- Download Health and Social Care V Cert qualification specification
Sample assessment materials
- Health and Social Care – sample NEA appendix 1 individual profile
- Health and Social Care – sample NEA appendix 2 social worker report
- Health and Social Care mark scheme
- Health and Social Care NEA and MS
- Health and Social Care question paper
- Health and Social Care sample NEA
- Health and Social Care guide for parents
- Download our parent guide to KS4 vocational education to learn more about V Certs.
- Download our 14 − 16 schools offer brochure to learn more about our V Certs.
Regulations for the
Conduct of NEA (Non-Examined Assessment)
Prepare for First Teach events
Register now for our Prepare for First Teach events, led by our Provider Development Team. Each hands-on session will help teachers and assessors to feel more confident about the delivery and assessment of the new Child Development and Care and Health and Social Care V Certs.
Date and time
V-Cert First Teach Event (Child Dev / Health and Social Care): First teach and preparing for delivery (half-day workshop)
9:00 – 12:00