Supporting the NHS with free EPA
We recognise the tremendous work that the NHS and wider health and care staff teams are doing during this testing time.
As a leading End-Point Assessment Organisation for the health and care sector, it is our duty to support the NHS through this difficult time in whatever way we can. As part of this commitment, we are offering a minimum of 1000 free End-Point Assessments (EPAs) for Nursing Associate Apprentices during the COVID-19 exemption period.
We will be doing this in line with the new flexibilities agreed by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (The Institute).
With Nurse associate EPA dispensations due to apply to those cohorts due to go through EPA in September, October and November, we will continue to this offer as long as needed during Covid-19.
Why are we doing this?
- As a gesture of appreciation for the NHS and our hard working Nursing Associates.
- To help enable Nursing Associate Apprentices to progress into the qualified workforce as quickly as possible in order to support the current situation.
- To make it easy for our existing customers to continue to work with us for the Nursing Associate Standard.
- To help minimise the extreme pressure on the public purse.
EPA Plus guarantee
- First 1000 apprentices contracted with EPA Plus for the Nursing Associate Apprenticeship Standard, subject to COVID-19 EPA flexibilities, will be provided free of charge*.
- All Nursing Associate EPAs during this time will have an SLA of 4 weeks, which will be reduced wherever possible.
- You can rest assured there will be no delays if you choose to work with us, our contracting process is quick and electronic, and our team of experts are ready to carry out Gateway audits.
- Our contract contains no lengthy tie-ins and as such, we do not require notice if you want to move to another EPAO.
- The right to select an EPAO lies with the apprentices’ employer; providers can work with more than one EPAO concurrently.
*We plan to offer EPA for at least 1000 Nursing Associate Apprentices free of charge. However the ESFA has confirmed that in order to avoid a ‘lock out’ for the completion payment, providers must enter a sum of £1 in the EPA price on the ILR, this must be matched by £1 entered in the Apprenticeship Account of the employer.
Find out more about the Nursing Associate apprenticeship standard
Free Nursing Associate EPA offer
Hear from David Gallagher, CEO at NCFE, about how EPA Plus is supporting the health and care sector with free end-point assessments for Nursing Associate apprentices.
What are the Institute’s new flexibilities?
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education issued a statement on 9 April in response to the pandemic, including the following:
With immediate effect, any Nursing Associate apprentices who have:
- completed the Nursing and Midwifery Council approved programme
- been assessed by the NMC as having permanently met the requirements for Professional Registration
- have passed through the apprenticeship gateway
Will be regarded to have met the End Point Assessment (EPA) requirements and have achieved their apprenticeship.
To express an interest in accessing free EPAs please complete the form and return it to [email protected].
We will respond to your email within one working day to progress your access to the free EPAs for your apprentices. These places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Work with us
As a leading End-Point Assessment Organisation for the health and care sector, we can make your life easier with our team of experts and proactive service.
We have everything plus a little extra when it comes to end-point assessment (EPA). Find out more about our full offer.
Flexible healthcare offer
EPA Plus has also reduced our prices for Healthcare Support Worker, Senior Healthcare Support Worker and Assistant Practitioner (Health) to reflect flexibilities agreed for each of these EPAs.