So how do you get started with the NCFE V Certs?
We understand that time in schools is at a premium and additional admin work shouldn’t be labourious or time consuming. We’ve created this area so you can find all of the answers to your administration questions easily. From the point of gaining approval to submitting your external assessments, this section will help you in the delivery of NCFE qualifications for schools from start to finish.
Of course, if you get stuck at any point along the way then don’t worry, our Customer Support Team are always on hand to assist you. Alternatively, you can take a look at our V Cert Centre Support Guide.
If you’d like to speak to a member of the team about any of these qualifications then please give us a call on 0191 240 8822 or email [email protected].
V Cert 1 Year Delivery
We understand that some schools and training providers may wish to deliver V Cert qualifications in 1 year.
We’ve provided some pointers to ensure that that you’re fully aware of the important steps that you must consider/be aware of:
- As the qualifications are designed around 2 year delivery, it’s important to set up a scheme of work to ensure you can fit in the required Guided Learning Hours so that learners are not disadvantaged.
- The qualifications are skills based, therefore learners need time to hone these skills and have time to practise to develop.
- Learners will only have access to 2 assessment opportunities in this year. This includes learners first assessment attempt and one resit attempt.
- The assessment window timescales can be found on the this website under Support Hub - it’s important to make sure that you’re familiar with this and have enough time to deliver the content of the externally assessed unit before learners attempt the examination.
If you are comfortable that this model is suitable for your learners then:
- It is vital to register with NCFE as soon as possible to ensure you have access to support from your dedicated Customer Support Advisor.
- Once you register you’ll get access to subject support from your External Quality Assurer.
- Get an early quality assurance visit booked in as soon as possible so that we can support you with your internal grading decisions.
If you require any further information or support on any of the points, then please contact [email protected]
On our dedicated website QualHub, you’ll find:
- details on all qualifications including learning resources
- approval forms to get started or offer additional qualifications
- delivery support – from assessment windows to sample portfolios
- much more.