Functional Skills – supporting your centre
If you’re affected by the recent announcement regarding OCR Functional Skills assessments, we’re here to help.
We have paper based and on-demand online assessments available for level 1 and 2 English and maths. You can sample these assessments through the paper based version or the online assessment version.
Don’t worry if you aren’t an NCFE centre, we can still help and get your organisation set up so that your learners can take their assessments. We’ll also waive the centre approval fee for the rest of the session, meaning that you won’t have to pay this until 1 August 2020 for the 2020-21 session.
We’ve put together next steps for you to follow to get your centre up and running with NCFE Functional Skills. If you need additional support or guidance on the approval process and getting started, contact our Customer Support team on [email protected] or 0191 239 8000.
If you’d like to find out more about our Functional Skills package including our resources, support materials and access to Skills Forward, complete the enquiry form at the side of the page, or email [email protected].
We want to offer our customers the best support and service possible, which is why we provide lots of great features for the new Functional Skills qualifications, including:
- a 6 working day turnaround for online assessment results
- on-demand online assessment available 24/7
- a free resit option
- an enhanced level of feedback available for learners, including free automated feedback for online English and maths assessments
- support from our in-house Curriculum team – English and maths teachers who are on hand to guide through delivery and answer questions
- a large number of interactive learning resources, suitable for both classroom and workplace learning
- certificates processed within one working day and exclusive discount to eLearning platform, Skills Forward
- and more!
Our Functional Skills offer
We’ve been up and running with the reformed Functional Skills qualifications since the start of the academic session, so we’ve already got assessments and support in place for centres!
Find out more
English past papers and mark scheme
Our past papers and mark scheme are for the reformed qualifications from this academic session.