Go the distance: research and insights
During our go the distance campaign, we’ve collaborated with colleagues like the Learning & Work Institute, Recruitment and Employment Confederation, MH+A and more to develop research insights. Together, we’ve examined the current state of the economy and labour market. Then, we’ve drawn actionable insights into what works to help providers design and deliver effective youth employment programmes.
- Traineeships: the hidden gem of skills policies. Read our 5 suggestions for how to make a traineeship programme sing.
- 5 tips for building your employability programme. Read more about how you can ensure your employability programme leads to successful outcomes.
Articles from our expert contributors
- In this blog from Brenda McLeish, CEO at Learning Curve Group, Brenda discusses fresh opportunities for people and skills development ignited by the Government's levelled up Lifetime Skills Guarantee.
- Our CEO David Gallagher and Board Advisor Matt Hamnett explore the youth employment challenge and our solutions to resolve it in this article. Together, they explore insights which reveal how young people were disproportionately impacted economically by the pandemic.
- Richard Eyre, Chief Programmes Officer for education charity, The Brilliant Club, discusses a recovery that supports sustainable, adaptable careers, in his think piece Getting Meta.
Podcasts and round tables
- Philip Le Feuvre, our Chief Strategy Officer, is joined by a panel of experts to discuss the scale of the challenge for adult learners.
- Our CEO David Gallagher joins Matt Hamnett of MH&A Consultancy, Stephen Evans from the Learning & Work Institute, and Neil Carberry from the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, to discuss youth employment.
- A panel of experts discusses Richard Eyre’s piece on meta skills in greater depth.
- CEO David Gallagher asks what is, or should be, a Lifetime Skills Guarantee in an FE Week round table with a panel of experts.
- The UK’s young people are in crisis with only 18% positive about future career prospects.
Discover the range of research and analysis produced by our colleagues at the Learning & Work Institute. Likewise, the REC produces regular updates on labour market activity and insights.
Read the latest:
Guide to the Government’s Plan for Jobs
Our policy specialist created this guide to help employers understand what’s on offer and enable them to decide which course of action to take to benefit their business.
Go the distance podcasts
Listen to our library of podcasts for an insightful take on the current state of youth employment and the skills essential for recovery, featuring a range of experts from the sector.
Opportunities for people and skills through the Lifetime Skills Guarantee
Hear from our guest writer Brenda McLeish, CEO of Learning Curve Group.
Get in touch
Leave your details and we’ll be in touch.