Go the distance with NCFE
Change a young person’s life today
Kick start careers with our new employability initiative.
We know that it’s tough out there for young people starting out. And collectively, we need to do all we can to help the next generation feel motivated, confident, resilient and ready to find their feet in an uncertain post-pandemic world.
We can equip you with the toolkit you need to change a young person’s life. To turn around their fortunes, follow their passion, kickstart their skills and find a fresh start today. Energise and inspire your learners to make the right choices and grab the opportunities which come their way, whilst accessing top quality support for your organisation – all in one package.
The Government has already committed to a new £2bn scheme to create thousands of job placements for young people and we’ve created the perfect programme to support you in galvanising young people to go the distance.
Ideal for cohorts of learners aged 16-18 and 19-24, our programme will reengage those who may have been out of learning for a while as well as offering an inspiring start to those entering further education for the first time. It’s suitable for learners and apprentices exploring careers within the current challenging labour market as well as young people looking to upskill / reskill to start afresh in a new sector.
Our programme is bespoke and completely personalised to the needs of individuals as it starts with a diagnostics of their current skills levels to ensure we support them all the way to reach their full potential.
As a charity set up in 1848 specifically to support those displaced in the market place, we have over 170 years of experience in supporting the nation back to work.
Together, we can help young people ensure their next start is their best start.
What our Go The Distance Programme consists of
Our go the distance programme has been designed to specifically meet the needs of young people at this time.
Pick and mix from the following elements to empower your organisation in supporting your learners to achieve meaningful outcomes.
Collaboration and support
Collaborate with us - we want to support you as much as possible which is why we’ve developed a wealth of wraparound support including resources such as blending learning modules, delivery support, CPD opportunities to help further your knowledge in technology in learning, funding, how to approach bids and tenders, and more!
Sign up to our webinar series on bidding success at the bottom of the page and access our bidding toolkit here.
Build a bespoke programme for each of your learners using diagnostics from the incredible Skills Work from Skills Forward. Mapped to CBI’s key employability skills, Skills Work supports you with employability skills diagnostics for your learners, providing a relevant skills plan for development.
Access targeted, flexible packages of qualifications and units that will help you to draw down funding. Based on research and mapped to meet the specific needs of your learners identified from the initial diagnostic as well as their desired skill pathway, our solutions will engage your learners and support them to meaningful outcomes.
With a huge portfolio of qualifications and almost 1000 units to choose from, we have the right solutions to support all of your learners’ needs. Review all packages in our brochure here.
Qualification areas include:
- 16-18 - Confidence and competitive edge
- 16-18 and 19-24 - Digital Skills for Work
- 16-18 and 19-24 - Sector tasters and skills valued by employers
- 16-24 Enterprise and business start-up skills
- 16-24 Mental health and well-being
- 16-18 Route way to health
- 19-24 Train to join the health workforce
- High value courses for school and college leavers: a one year offer for 18-19 year olds
*all products can be purchased separately as well as part of a package
Meaningful outcomes for your learners - Learners can go on to further study, for example a traineeship or even employment in their chosen area of interest. Find out more about each sector and the pathways available in our routes to success maps.
Speak to our experts!
Leave your details and we’ll be in touch.
Go the distance brochure
Read more about the details of our programme and why it’s the right choice for your organisation and your learners.
“The Covid-19 crisis has presented significant challenges for many sectors, and further education is no different. We hope to see the continuation of a positive dialogue with Government to ensure that the sector has the resources to provide high-quality opportunities for all young people who need them. Within this, we must ensure that every pound invested in our young people gives them the means to progress on in their future career and life.’
David Gallagher - CEO, NCFE
What are the challenges?
- Over 2.8m jobs for 18-24 year olds in employment are more likely to be at risk.
- There’s an expected fall in apprenticeship vacancies of up to 85%.
- Increased full time cohort will present challenges for staffing and delivery of guided learning hours.
- Flexible delivery will become even more important – acceleration of online / blended learning.
- There will likely be redundancies in some sectors.
- Oversupply of graduates leads to increased competition for work.
And that's why we’re offering:
- Engaging products with inspiring career paths to attract young people back into learning.
- Flexibilities with delivery which requires less classroom time.
- Provision for all cohorts of learners including SEND learners who may need a little extra support.
- A package which fills the gap / provides an alternative to full time work and apprenticeships.
- The chance to give your learners the competitive edge.
- An easy transition for young adults to retrain in alternative sectors.
We’re hosting webinars to support you with the bid process, looking at getting tender ready and improving success with upcoming contracts.
Webinar 3: Bid Support: Improving Tender Success
Monday 10 August - 12.15-13.15 - Sign up
Download our bidding toolkit – from checklists to templates, guidance and a bid management matrix.
We have 170 years of experience at the forefront of technical education, supporting people into meaningful employment at all stages of their lives.
Our vision is to promote and advance learning – to create a world where learners are prepared now and for the future, whatever it might hold.