End-point assessment News
We’re still running monthly webinars that are very useful for anyone who wants to get to grips with EPA with NCFE. We’re going to be hosting a special session at the end of August looking at the Associate Project Manager standard. Sign up here.
System statuses on SEPA
The SEPA system uses a number of statuses to signify what stage of EPA each apprentice is at, you can find a primer on these statuses below:
- Status New - The apprentice is ‘New’ until the gateway checklist is complete.
- Status Gateway Unassigned - When the checklist is completed and signed off by the provider it moves to ‘Gateway Unassigned’
- Status Gateway Assigned Awaiting Confirmation – When EPA has been requested the apprentice status is updated to ‘Gateway Assigned Awaiting Confirmation’
- Status Gateway Assigned - When the IEPA accepts the gateway evidence the apprentice status is updated to ‘Gateway Assigned’
- Status Booked – Once assessments are confirmed with the apprentice and booked within SEPA the status will show as Booked
- Status Pending Results – Once an assessment has been sat the status will move to pending results
- Status Complete – Once all assessments are completed and results are confirmed the status will move to complete.
Systems Technical Specifications
We’ve created an updated technical specification document for our assessment systems.
Updates to assessment plans
All of the standards and assessment plans can be accessed on the Institute for Apprenticeships website. The trailblazer groups update assessment plans from time to time so remember to check and make sure that you have the current version. There is a version log at the bottom of each standard page highlighting changes between versions.
We have updated the following Guidance documents:
05 - Useful Links and Glossary of Terms – Document has been updated
10 - Observation Guidance - V2 – Clarified the Pass criteria 'Use service techniques and procedures that deliver the brand standards.' as being assessed in the Observation only.
New standard guidance documents
On week commencing 12 August the guidance documents for the following standards will be available on the SEPA platform for providers contracted for these standards:
- Children, Young People & Families Practitioner
- Children, Young People & Families Manager
- Customer Service Specialist
- Teaching Assistant
Make an enquiry
If you have a query or would like a telephone consultation from our Apprenticeship Services team just complete our enquiry form.
Our purpose built platform manages every aspect of end-point assessment for your on-programme delivery.