Our support for you
We understand that centres have worked incredibly hard to deliver teaching, learning and assessment activity and support learners through the pandemic. We are committed to doing everything we can to support you by providing timely and clear advice, guidance and support – and by making our requirements and processes as simple and streamlined as possible. Please see some of the support available to you below:
- Our weekly newsletter provides you with the latest updates, direct to your inbox. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so by contacting our Customer Support team.
- Our Covid response hub includes all of our latest news, advice guidance and support on assessment and awarding in the current circumstances. Use the coloured tiles on the home page to find the right information – on results and appeals, TAG submission information, Quality Assurance, subject specific information (Functional Skills, T Levels and V Certs) and more.
- We have produced and broadcast an extended series of webinars and podcasts, providing practical advice, examples and the opportunity to discuss our approach to assessment and awarding for the rest of the year with our expert team. See previous recordings in the tiles on the right.
- You can find qualification-specific advice on our assessment and awarding requirements in ‘adaptation addenda’ for each qualification in QualHub.
- You can contact our Customer Support team via web chat, by phone on 0191 239 8000, or by email. We will extend the team’s opening hours at key points through the rest of the year to ensure that you can contact us when you need our support.
- You can also talk to your Account Manager or External Quality Assurer.
- Find out the key dates for your diary around Teacher Assessed Grades and results here.
If you are a learner, you can access more information here.
We have also included below, some useful links from Ofqual:
- Guidance for heads of centre on submitting grades
- Information for centres about making objective judgements
- Consultation on autumn assessment opportunities for VTQs
- How qualifications will be awarded in 2021 – an article from Chief Regulator, Simon Lebus
- Ofqual and DfE consultation - ‘Arrangements for the assessment and awarding of vocational, technical and other general qualifications: 2021 to 2022’
- Consultation on alternative arrangements for the award of VTQs and other general qualifications in 2021 (Concluded consultation)
- Regulatory arrangements for the awarding of vocational and technical and other general qualifications in 2020-2021 (Concluded consultation)
Our upcoming and previous webinars
- TAG submissions webinar – watch now
- Preparing for your V Cert EQA review – watch now
- EYE and EYP knowledge-only pathway options watch now
- Preparing TAGs for V Certs – Level 1 and Level 2 Technical Awards – watch now
- Preparing TAGs for V Certs – Level 1/2 Technical Awards – watch now
- Your questions answered: approach to awarding for Technical Qualifications (TQs) – watch now
- NCFE’s approach to awarding for 2020-21 – watch now
- Approach to awarding for V Certs – watch now
- Approach to awarding for Functional Skills – watch now
- Approach to awarding for Technical Qualifications (TQs) – watch now
- Support for centres: TAG guidance / judgement –watch now
- Quality assurance policy for awarding for 2020-21 - watch now