CACHE specific queries
We understand you may have some specific queries relating to CACHE qualifications, from observations to independent self-study assignments. You can find out more in our CACHE FAQs below.
Will my centre be able to carry out observations for CACHE qualifications remotely? (Updated 15/04/20)
Due to safeguarding this isn’t something that we would normally accept. Early Years settings and schools don’t allow phones and laptops with cameras into their provision and we would suggest most Health and Social Care provisions are the same.
You’ll find further guidance on page 10 of our Assessment and Internal Quality Assurance Guidance.
Additional Guidance from Education and Training Foundation (ETF) regarding Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) qualification
For the Level 5 DET, providing that the learner has satisfactorily completed all other in course assignment work, it is acceptable to award a Pass to learners who have:
- Completed at least 70% of their teaching placement hours (providing that a majority is group teaching rather than eg one to one teaching)
- Completed at least 6 of their 8 observations where the most recent 4 have been satisfactory
- Additionally, if there are insufficient observations completed and the placement is continuing but the provider team is unable to complete any observations, these may be done in this instance by the placement mentor.
Can learners still complete and submit CACHE External Assessments which are independent self-study? (Updated 03/04/20)
Yes, CACHE independent self-study assessments can still be submitted in line with the advertised submission date.
Assignments must be collated by the centre alongside the completed submission list as well as learner confirmation, via email to centres, the authenticity of their work.
Centres must email [email protected] for NCFE to return a secure file transfer link to the centre. This will allow the centre to upload all learner evidence and completed submission list.
The below independent self-study assignments will be accepted digitally:
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma for Children’s Care, Learning and Development (Wales & Ireland) 600/7093/6 (CCLD)
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childcare & Education 601/3999/7 (EYE EPS1/EYE EPS2)
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) 601/4000/8 (EYE EA1/ EYE EA2/ EYE EPS1/EYE EPS2)
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) 601/2147/6 (EYE EE1/EYE EE2/ EYE RS1/EYE RS2)
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care 601/6110/3 (HSC CEA1/ HSC CEA2/ HSC EDEA 1/ HSC EDEA 2)
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care 601/6109/7 (HSC CEA 1/ HSC CEA 2)
Centres must continue to follow the Regulations for the Conduct of External Assessment.
Further information on specific instructions for the above assessments can be located in QSID.
All submissions dates are advertised in the External Assessment timetable. If a centre believes they will be unable to submit learner work by these dates and requires an extension, please submit an Assessment Variation request at the earliest opportunity.
If a Centre has learners who are unable to complete these assessments, or will otherwise not be submitting learner evidence, please notify NCFE by submitting a Special Consideration at the earliest opportunity, and no later than 5 working days after the published submission date.
Can you provide cover sheets and other assessment documentation in an alternative format so we can complete and send digital copies?
Word versions of the External Assessment Cover Sheet will be added to the Members’ Area to support with digital submission.