Coronavirus - information and advice for customers and learners
Exceptional arrangements for summer 2020 – awarding, assessment and results
Over the summer, we issued almost 90,000 results across Functional Skills, level 2 and 3 learners. We were delighted to congratulate so many learners on their achievements – and the progression they will enjoy in 2020/21.
For more information and support on finance queries including customer rebates and credit, relating to the academic year 2019-2020, please take a look at this page.
In scope qualifications
You can remind yourself of the list of NCFE and CACHE qualifications which were in scope for exceptional arrangements over the summer by accessing this easy-to-use spreadsheet here.
Information on the process used to calculate grades during summer 2020
- Centre Assessment Grades (CAGs) were collected from centres at a component level to reflect the most likely outcome the learner would have achieved, had the assessments taken place, and centres also provided detail of the evidence they used in generating their CAGs.
- We then conducted a variety of detailed checks as part of our quality assurance.
- This included initial checks to ensure any discrepancies were accounted for, that the evidence provided was from a trusted source and equality measures had been taken into consideration to ensure that the CAGs were accurate, unbiased and that pass rates were in line with previous years.
- We also conducted statistical checks including quantitative data analysis at a centre level looking at achievement rates, weighted averages for a comparable time period in previous years and centre risk rating.
- Further investigation was carried out by an External Quality Assurer (EQA), if any centres were found to have differences in achievement this year against historic outcomes.
- For Functional Skills, the awarding process was developed collaboratively by the Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB) Functional Skills group and in line with Ofqual’s requirements.