V Cert Technical Awards
As we work together to support learner success this year, on this page you can find information on the adaptations available for our V Cert Technical Awards.
A reminder that exams are going ahead as planned
External assessments for V Cert qualifications went ahead as planned in 2021-22 and learners should continue to prepare for and sit these assessments as normal. Please note that adaptations are in place for our qualifications, and you can find more details on these below.
- All our timetabled external assessment details can be found in our External Assessment Timetable.
- You should also refer to our external assessment contingency planning document.
Synoptic project assessments
These assessments are completed in a set number of hours and the centre arranges supervised periods of external assessment within a set window. Synoptic projects are externally set by NCFE, internally graded by the centre and externally quality assured by NCFE.
We’ve updated our assessment variation process to allow centres to use additional test centre locations and we’ve adapted our assessments so they can be delivered in line with public health guidelines. All relevant qualification content must still be delivered, and assessment criteria met.
To further support centres, significant adaptations have been made to the conditions of the V Cert Technical Award synoptic project.
- adapted the delivery and completion conditions so that it can now be completed by learners remotely where required
- removed the requirement to complete within a set number of hours
- removed the requirement before completion under controlled conditions
- removed the timescales around submission deadlines and brought forward the release of the synoptic project brief so centres can plan their own delivery timescales around their own delivery plan.
Bookings for the 2021-22 synoptic projects opened on 1 November 2021 and remained open until the final submission deadline, which was 27 May 2022. If you haven’t yet booked your EQA review, you’ll need to do this as soon as possible, to ensure that the synoptic projects can be externally quality assured in time to confirm results for performance tables.
You can find adaptations for our V Cert Technical Awards on the individual qualification pages on QualHub.
We’ve also created some helpful videos to support you in exploring the adaptations available for these qualifications:
- 2021-22 adaptations for Level 1 and Level 2 V Cert Technical Awards
- 2021-22 adaptations for Level 1/2 V Cert Technical Awards
Managing absences and our updated special considerations policy
We understand that you may still be currently encountering more absences than usual. Our qualifications are flexible, and our External Assessment Timetable has been created to provide learners with multiple opportunities to sit assessments throughout the session, which we hope will support you in managing absences.
- If your learner is booked to sit a set-time, set-date assessment and is unable to attend, the preferred option is to book them onto the next available opportunity.
- If this is not possible, for example, if a learner needs to sit the assessment to complete the qualification imminently for progression, you can submit a special considerations request. These requests should be carefully considered and based on each learner’s specific circumstances. We’ve updated our special considerations policy with additional information and you can download the document here.
- Please note that we are assured that you have a process for managing and validating absence in your centre, and won’t require evidence to be attached at the point of submitting a special consideration, but reserve the right to request this evidence later if needed.